Youth Health Champions are volunteers who work with young people across the Telford area, helping them develop healthier and active lifestyles. We are looking for young people aged 13-18, who have a passion for health and wellbeing.
Health related conversations with their peers and family members.
Promote and signpost individuals to services, activities and groups that would be beneficial to their physical and emotional health.
Work with other Youth Health Champions to help set up and deliver new health projects.
Produce promotional material to support the scheme and health related topics.
Encourage others to volunteer
Act as a role model for positive health behaviours.
How much time do you need to give?
You can commit as much or little time as you like, but an hour a week would be useful.
What’s in it for you?
- Make a difference of health and wellbeing of others.
- Improve own physical and emotional heath.
- Experience of working with people, helping your career prospects.
- Chance to meet new people and make new friends.
- Free training and networking opportunities.
- Have Fun
- MECC Training (Maker every contact count)
- Introduction to Youth Health Champions
- Ollie (online health and wellbeing modules)