Shropshire Disability Network
To support the needs of people with disabilities, in particular, but not exclusively, by:
- Raising awareness of disability in all its forms.
- Improving the quality of life for persons with disability.
- Continually encouraging disabled people to feel empowered to manage their condition and be more in control of their lives.
- Ensuring the provision of appropriate services and facilities for disabled people.
- Providing a Network for disabled people and representing their views to government, public, voluntary and community agencies and organisations.
- Securing improvements for disabled people by negotiation and public pressure to enable them to play an even fuller part in society.
- Promoting equal opportunities and challenging discrimination faced by disabled people.
- Promoting the network to enable the maximum number of people with disabilities and their carers or family members, to participate and contribute.
In furtherance of these objectives Shropshire Disability Network will:
- Bring together individuals and representatives of voluntary and community organisations, Government departments, and statutory authorities
- Arrange and commission exhibitions, meetings, lectures, classes, seminars, training courses and other information-giving activities.
- Collect, disseminate and exchange information on all matters affecting these objectives.
- Raise funds and invite and receive contributions.
- Engage in campaigning and political activity provided that the proposed activities will further the purposes of the Network to an extent justified by the resources committed and the activity is not the dominant means by which the Network carries out its objectives.
- Do all such lawful things as are necessary for the achievement of these objectives.
- Maintain and follow a Business plan.
We also do signposting work, so people come to us with an issue ie where to get a piece of equipment or help with an appeal, we do all the background work & get them the most appropriate help. We fund-raise to operate and try to get grant funding.
We also lead on the Safe Place Shropshire Community initiative providing short term Safe Place for anyone who may be vulnerable when out.
Our current opportunities include;
Shropshire Disability Network 26, Aldwick Drive, Radbrook Green Shrewsbury, SY3 6BN
Outreach Officer for Telford
Tel: 07780 852 229