The Youth Offending Service are calling on volunteers to join a community panel, supporting young offenders on a court order to help prevent further offending.
Community Panel Members come from all sections of the local community and no specific educational qualifications are required. It is an important part of the Youth Justice system, and features highly on the Government's agenda.
• To meet with a young person on a court order, as part of a Community Panel, negotiate and oversee a contract that will reduce their offending and oversee that contract till its completion, amending, adjusting and if necessary returning the young person to court.
• To attend and participate fully in supervision sessions as required.
• To follow relevant policies and procedures as laid down by the Youth Offending Service in the delivery of the role.
• Panel Members will be expected to commit to panels for a minimum of 12 months by negotiation.
• Panel Meetings will take place at different times during the day and evening at various venues around Hereford Worcestershire and Shropshire.
Training will be provided in conjunction with our mentoring scheme.
Expenses will be reimbursed.
Please note that all applicants will be subject to enhanced criminal records checks./p>