Arty Party Nights Out Volunteer
Suitable for -
Arty Party is an arts organisation which supports and empowers learning disabled adults to explore, express and celebrate their creativity.
Arty Party listens to the voice of its members, and uses this voice to help shape the direction of the company. Together we listen, learn, facilitate, create, develop, share and celebrate.
Arty Party are looking for volunteers:
- To support Arty Party members on our Social Nights.
- Setting up the venue at the start of the night, putting our tables and chairs, helping to put food and drinks out, helping set up the disco and lighting equipment.
-To ensure the wellbeing of our members by providing agreed support.
- To actively support members both one to one and in groups to gain new skills, encourage new experiences, promoting confidence and community engagement.
- To report back to staff any concerns, changes or progress in the members circumstances.
3 - 4 hours per month
What’s in it for you?
- Make a real difference to people’s lives
- Make new friends and contacts
- Enhance your CV
- Build communication and skills
- Have a positive impact in your community
- Have fun
You will receive regular one to one and group support meetings.
The volunteer will not be responsible for any other team member.
Reimbursement of any out of pocket expenses.
You don’t need specific qualifications or skills
but you’ll need to:
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be non-judgmental and respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own
- Have excellent verbal communication skills
- Have the ability to work with people individually or in small groups to achieve personal objectives which look to maximise independence, wellbeing choice and involvement in Arty Party Nights Out sessions.
- Have the ability to deliver practical aspects of safe services, including the delivery of individual or group support.
- Have the ability to work safely and competently both individually and as part of a team.
- Have the ability to support our customers with some elements with their physical health needs, this may include pushing wheelchairs.
- Have the ability to follow instructions, objectives and plans.
As part of the induction, Arty Party will clarify individual training needs and will discuss with the volunteer how these will be met.
Training opportunities will be offered to volunteers to enable them to carry out their specific role. Costs for the training will be met by Arty Party
Arty Party staff will provide all volunteers with an induction timetable in the area in which they will be volunteering.
- Essential Training will be provide
- Induction Training
- Fire and Emergency Training are mandatory for volunteers and will be organised by the Arty Party staff.
This role does require a DBS, Arty Party will be responsible for the application and cost.