Holiday/Half Term Activities Assistant
Suitable for -
The aim of the role is to assist in the provision of the Holiday/Half Term activity programmes.
The opportunity is to attend chosen school holiday/half-term activities and trips (usually about 2 half days or full day activities per week during any half term or holiday – week days only)
You will be assisting the Activities Coordinator (and other members of Young Carers staff and other volunteers) in delivering interesting and fun respite activities during school holidays/half terms for young carers 5-11 (suitable for volunteers 16 yrs +) and 12-18 yrs (suitable for volunteers 18+)
You will need to be a positive role model: You need to be able to listen, support, encourage and motivate young carers during various activities.
Different locations around Telford and coach trips to places of interest/theme parks/seaside etc.
Activities Training (in house)
Any other relevant training as and when it is available
Support and Supervision
The Community Resilience and Social Action Coordinator offers an “open door” policy for 1-to-1 support at any time 9.00-5 Tue, Wed and Thurs and supervision by phone or face-to-face from time to time.
You will need:
- A well developed sense of fun and willing to join in with activities at all times.
- Good communication skills to chat, listen to and encourage young carers.
- Able to use common sense initiative in keeping young carers safe during activities and trips.
- Willing to work with other members of staff as part of the Young Carers team.
- Able to travel independently to various locations around Telford and be willing to go on coach trips when needed.
- Available by phone and email, so that the office team can make contact and arrange availability rotas etc.
- Willing to take part in evaluation and/or training in connection with the role from time to time.
If application and references are approved, we will expect you to provide various documentation so we can submit an application for an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.
In line with CVS policy and other members of staff if you are a car user, we will need to collect photocopies of all related documents on a regular basis including current: driving licence, registration document, insurance certificate.